Pittsburgh Iconic Corporate Governance Advocate To Be Honored
PITTSBURGH, Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Three Rivers Chapter of the National Association of Corporate Directors [NACD] has announced that Doreen Boyce, Ph.D. will be the recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award at a special luncheon on February 20th at the Duquesne Club.
Dr. Boyce is being recognized for her remarkable leadership in corporate governance, women's advocacy and for her role in creating three well-respected organizations, including the Three Rivers Chapter of the NACD, the Executive Women's Council and the International Women's Forum. Dr. Boyce is past Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Franklin and Marshall College and is currently a trustee of the Carnegie Institute, the Carnegie Science Center and The Ellis School.
The daughter of a British Diplomat, Dr. Boyce is a graduate and Honorary Fellow of Somerville College, University of Oxford, and taught at the Witwatersrand University in Johannesburg. In 1962, she left South Africa with her husband, Warne, and relocated in Pittsburgh with a plan to stay for just five years. 50 years later, her mark on the region is unquestionable.
Dr. Boyce went on to serve as Provost and Professor of economics at Chatham College for 17 years then as President of the Buhl Foundation was a successful consultant for nonprofit organizations throughout the region and consultant for The Association Of Governing Boards (AGB), Washington DC. She was elected the first president of the Grantmakers of Western Pennsylvania in 1984.She has served on the Board of Directors of DQE and Duquesne Light Company and is currently a director of Dollar Bank, FSB. She and her husband co-founded Microbac Laboratories, Inc., a nationwide group of microbiological and chemical testing laboratories.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV