2012 Business Highlights
- BioProcess Algae initiated and completed construction of Phase III Grower Harvester TM reactors in Shenandoah, Iowa. Construction of Phase IV, involving an additional 4.25 acres of reactors and a new downstream processing facility, has begun with completion expected in September 2013. BioProcess Algae and a subsidiary of Bioseutica BV entered into a commercial agreement for the production of EPA-rich Omega-3 oils for use in concentrated EPA products for nutritional and/or pharmaceutical applications. Under the agreement, BioProcess Algae will supply microalgal oils which will be refined by Bioseutica to produce highly-concentrated vegetable sourced EPA oils.
- In December, BlendStar LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Green Plains, completed construction and began operations at its 96-car unit train terminal in Birmingham, Ala. The terminal is served by the BNSF Railway and has a throughput capacity of 300 million gallons of ethanol annually. This facility expands the geographic footprint of the Company's downstream distribution capabilities. The Birmingham terminal has 160,000 barrels of storage and a four-lane covered truck rack, both with expansion capabilities.
- Green Plains completed the sale of 12 grain elevators located in northwestern Iowa and western Tennessee in December 2012. The sale included approximately 32.6 million bushels of the Company's reported agribusiness grain storage capacity and all of its agronomy and retail petroleum operations. The sale resulted in an after-tax gain of $26.3 million which is included in fourth quarter 2012 results.
- In March 2012, Green Plains repurchased 3.7 million shares of its common stock from a subsidiary of NTR plc for $37.2 million. The Company issued a one-year promissory note for $27.2 million and paid cash for the balance of the repurchase.
On February 7, 2013, Green Plains will hold a conference call to discuss its fourth quarter and full-year 2012 financial results and other recent developments. Green Plains' participants will include Todd Becker, President and Chief Executive Officer, Jerry Peters, Chief Financial Officer, and Jeff Briggs, Chief Operating Officer. The time of the call is 12:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. CT. To participate by telephone, the domestic dial-in number is 888-471-3843 and the international dial-in number is 719-325-2463. The conference call will be webcast and accessible at www.gpreinc.com . Listeners are advised to go to the website at least 10 minutes prior to the call to register, download and install any necessary audio software. A slide presentation will be available on Green Plains' website at http://investor.gpreinc.com/events.cfm . The conference call will be archived and available for replay through February 14, 2013.
About Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc .Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq:GPRE), which is North America's fourth largest ethanol producer, markets and distributes approximately one billion gallons of ethanol annually. Green Plains owns and operates grain storage assets in the corn belt and biofuel terminals in the southern U.S. Green Plains is a joint venture partner in BioProcess Algae LLC, which was formed to commercialize advanced photo-bioreactor technologies for growing and harvesting algal biomass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV