Visual Effects Society Award Winner, Jan-Marcel Kühn From Filmakademie (Germany) Who Was Honored For Outstanding Visual Effects In A Student Project For The Short Film "Natalis" With Autodesk Senior Vice President, Chris Bradshaw. (Photo: Business Wire)
For the fifth consecutive year, Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) extended its support for tomorrow’s artists, animators, designers and filmmakers by sponsoring the Visual Effects Society’s (VES) award for “Outstanding Visual Effects in a Student Project” at the 11 th annual VES Awards held on February 5, 2013, in Beverly Hills, Calif. Chris Bradshaw, senior vice president at Autodesk, presented the honor to Jan-Marcel Kühn from Filmakademie for “Natalis.”
Filmakademie students Daniel Brkovic, David Kirchner and Jan-Marcel Kühn's graduation short, Natalis, travels alongside an Android into forest foliage that unveils life-altering visions of the future. Tools from the Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite, including 3ds Max, Maya, Mudbox and MotionBuilder, were used to create lush backdrops, intricate characters and whirling particle effects.
Established in 2009 in response to a challenge from Steven Spielberg ( see related video) to recognize the amazing visual effects work being done by students, the award provides a unique opportunity for students embarking on a career in visual effects to gain wide industry visibility.
“Five years ago, Autodesk and the VES came together to invest in the future of visual effects through this annual student award. We’re thrilled to provide this platform for incredible student work, and the amazing talent that we see year in and year out provides an inspiring glimpse into the future of the movie industry,” said Jeffrey A. Okun, Chair of the VES.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV