NEW YORK (TheStreet) - I'm guessing we've all been waiting on pins and needles to hear the important verdict. I know I have.
Which classic Monopoly game token would be retired - and which new game token would replace it? Well, the worldwide polling is over and Hasbro (HAS) announced the results this morning, on NBC/Universal's (a division of Comcast (CMCSA)) Today Show.
And the winner is - a cat. Leaving the popular board game will be the iron
The official press release explains it this way:"After a month of voting on Facebook (FB) and an overwhelming response from fans and organizations from 185 countries around the world, the cat has been chosen and will become the newest addition to the classic game from Hasbro. The cat was able to scratch past the toy robot, guitar, helicopter, and diamond ring in the MONOPOLY 'Save Your Token' campaign by receiving 31 percent of the fan vote." Hasbro says that it will immediately begin replacing the iron with the cat on game production lines. Packages with the new cat token should start appearing on store shelves sometime in mid-to-late 2013. Surely, in time for the holiday shopping season. Until then, Hasbro reminds us there's still time to get your copy of the board game with the iron token inside for the next few months. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV