SAN DIEGO, Feb. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LRAD Corporation (Nasdaq:LRAD), the world's leading provider of long range acoustic hailing devices (AHDs), today announced revenues of $3.0 million and a net loss of $100,000, or $(0.00) per share, for its first fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2012.
"Our fiscal Q1 2013 results were affected by the uncertainty surrounding the federal budget process, which is expected to continue through at least the second fiscal quarter," commented Tom Brown, the Company's president and chief executive officer. "We are encouraged, however, by the foreign orders received to date, which indicate continued demand for our proprietary acoustic hailing devices and a strong fiscal year for international LRAD® sales. Consistent with our commitment to create long-term stockholder value we are pursuing a diverse range of market opportunities and applications. Two years ago, we had sold LRADs into 35 countries. Today, LRAD systems are deployed in over 60 nations around the world."
Brown added, "We anticipate fiscal 2013 financial results will improve over fiscal 2012 due to continued international sales growth."Revenues for fiscal Q1 2013 decreased 17% from $3.6 million recorded in fiscal Q1 2012, due to a decrease in U.S. military orders and the timing of shipments. Gross profit for fiscal Q1 2013 was $1.5 million, or 50% of revenues, compared to $1.7 million, or 48% of revenues, for the same period a year ago. The decrease in gross profit was primarily due to lower revenues and higher contracted annual maintenance costs, offset by higher product margins as a percentage of sales due to favorable product mix. Operating expenses for fiscal Q1 2013 were $1.6 million, an 11% increase from $1.4 million recorded in fiscal Q1 2012, related to legal fees associated with a recent lawsuit, non-cash share-based compensation expense and R&D costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV