Cement, Concrete and Aggregates
Operating earnings from Cement for the third quarter were $16.6 million, a 7% increase from the same quarter a year ago. Cement revenues for the quarter, including joint venture and intersegment revenues, totaled $74.9 million, 22% greater than the same quarter last year. Cement sales volumes for the quarter were 818,000 tons, 17% above the same quarter a year ago. The average net sales price this quarter was $82.68 per ton, 3% higher than the same quarter last year.
Concrete and Aggregates reported a $1.3 million operating loss for the third quarter versus the $0.6 million operating loss for the same quarter a year ago, reflecting increased maintenance costs and a litigation settlement of approximately $0.4 million, pre-tax.
Gypsum Wallboard and PaperboardGypsum Wallboard and Paperboard’s third quarter operating earnings of $24.8 million were up 362% compared to the same quarter last year. Higher wallboard average net sales prices, higher gypsum wallboard and gypsum paperboard sales volumes and lower recycled paper input costs were the primary driver of the quarterly earnings increase. Gypsum Wallboard and Paperboard revenues for the third quarter totaled $100.3 million, a 37% increase from the same quarter a year ago. The revenue increase reflects primarily higher wallboard average net sales prices and sales volumes. The average gypsum wallboard net sales price for the third quarter was $120.55 per MSF, 27% greater than the same quarter a year ago. Gypsum Wallboard sales volume for the quarter of 519 million square feet (MMSF) represents a 23% increase from the same quarter last year. The average Paperboard net sales price for this quarter was $480.51 per ton, 9% lower than the same quarter a year ago. Paperboard sales volumes for the quarter were 65,000 tons, 14% higher than the same quarter a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV