Eagle Materials Inc. (NYSE: EXP) today reported financial results for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 which ended December 31, 2012. Notable items for the quarter include (all comparisons, unless noted, are with the prior-year’s third quarter):
- Revenues of $164.7 million, up 33%
- Segment operating earnings of $39.9 million, up 91%
Adjusted earnings per diluted share of $0.43, up 115%
- Adjusted earnings per share is a non-GAAP financial measure calculated by excluding non-routine items in the manner described in Attachment 5
- Total after-tax impact of non-routine items, including costs related to the closing of our acquisition of the Lafarge Target Business, was $2.8 million, or $0.06 per diluted share. See Attachment 5.
- Earnings per diluted share of $0.37, up 429%
Third quarter sales volumes improved across all business lines. In addition, sales prices improved in all business lines other than Paperboard. Gypsum Wallboard experienced the most significant improvement, with an increase in average net sales prices of 27% as compared with the prior year’s third quarter.
On November 30, 2012, Eagle completed its previously announced acquisition of Lafarge North America’s Sugar Creek, Missouri and Tulsa, Oklahoma cement plants, as well as related assets, which included six distribution terminals, two aggregates quarries, eight ready-mix concrete plants and a fly ash business (the “Lafarge Target Business”). Eagle used cash proceeds from an equity offering completed on October 3, 2012, along with borrowings under its bank credit facility to fund the purchase. The results of operations of the Lafarge Target Business are included in the results disclosed in this press release for the period from November 30 through December 31, 2012. For information regarding the results of operations of the Lafarge Target Business for certain periods prior to November 30, 2012, including pro forma financial information that combines the results of operations of the Company and the Lafarge Target Business, please see our Form 8-K/A filed on January 23, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV