BETHESDA, Md., Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DiamondRock Hospitality Company (the "Company") (NYSE: DRH) today announced that John L. Williams will be retiring from his position as President and Chief Operating Officer of the Company effective May 1, 2013. The Company has engaged Ferguson Partners to conduct a nationwide search for a successor to Mr. Williams.
"John has had a remarkable career with over 30 years of dedicated service in the lodging industry. The Board and I want to thank John for his many contributions to the Company, which he helped found in 2004. He has been instrumental in building DiamondRock into one of the leading public lodging real estate companies," said Mark W. Brugger, the Chief Executive Officer of DiamondRock Hospitality Company. "With his strong real estate skills and extensive lodging experience, John helped assemble our current world class hotel portfolio, concentrated in many of the most desirable markets in the United States. Moreover, he has helped mentor and develop talented asset managers and investment specialists to position the Company for future growth. We expect to execute a smooth transition and are confident in the plans we have in place to drive shareholder value."
About the CompanyDiamondRock Hospitality Company is a self-advised real estate investment trust (REIT) that is an owner of premium hotel properties. The Company owns 27 premium hotels with approximately 11,500 rooms and holds one senior mortgage loan. The Company's hotels are generally operated under globally recognized brands such as Hilton, Marriott, and Westin. For further information, please visit DiamondRock Hospitality Company's website at www.drhc.com.
SOURCE DiamondRock Hospitality Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV