CYS Investments, Inc. (NYSE: CYS) (“CYS” or the “Company”) today announced financial results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2012.
Fourth Quarter 2012 Highlights
- GAAP net loss available to common shares of $41.4 million, or $0.24 per diluted common share.
- Core Earnings (a) of $37.6 million, or $0.21 per diluted common share.
- Drop Income (b) of $30.1 million, or $0.18 per diluted common share.
- Net realized gain from investments of $110.5 million.
- Operating expenses of 0.76% of average net assets.
- December 31, 2012 net asset value per common share of $13.31 per share after declaring a $0.40 dividend per common share and a $0.52 special dividend per common share on December 10, 2012.
- Interest rate spread net of hedge of 0.94%. Adjusted interest rate spread net of hedge of 1.08%.
- Weighted average amortized cost of Agency RMBS of $104.47.
- GAAP net income available to common shares of $370.4 million, or $2.64 per diluted common share.
- Core Earnings of $165.5 million, or $1.18 per diluted common share.
- Drop Income of $97.4 million, or $0.69 per diluted common share.
- Net realized gain from investments of $203.8 million.
- Operating expenses of 1.05% of average net assets.
- Total dividends on common shares of $2.37.
- Interest rate spread net of hedge of 1.36%. Adjusted interest rate spread net of hedge of 1.50%.
Fourth Quarter 2012 ResultsThe Company had net loss available to common shares of $41.4 million during the fourth quarter of 2012, or $0.24 per diluted common share, compared to net income available to common shares of $241.0 million, or $1.46 per diluted common share, in the third quarter of 2012. For the fourth quarter of 2012 the Company had net investment income of $58.4 million and a net loss from investments of $96.0 million, compared to net investment income of $59.4 million and a net gain from investments of $221.1 million in the third quarter of 2012. The net loss from investments during the fourth quarter was primarily the result of Agency RMBS prices declining from the historically high levels at the end of September 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV