DeVry Inc. (NYSE: DV), a global provider of educational services, today reported academic, operational and financial results for its fiscal 2013 second-quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012. DeVry also reported enrollment results at DeVry Medical International, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Carrington Colleges Group, and DeVry University and its Keller Graduate School of Management.
Academic and operational accomplishments included:
- System-wide, 94 percent of graduates of Chamberlain’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) campus programs passed the National Council Licensure Examination
- Narrowing rate of decline in new undergraduate enrollment from the November to January sessions at DeVry University
- 13 percent increase in new enrollments at Carrington versus the prior year
- 26 percent increase in total enrollments at Chamberlain in the January session versus the prior year
- 5 percent enrollment growth at DeVry Medical International in the January term versus the prior year
- 69 percent revenue growth at DeVry Brasil in the quarter
Selected financial data for the three months ended Dec. 31, 2012:
- Revenues decreased 3.6 percent to $505 million
- Reported net income increased to $50 million from $9 million last year, and net income excluding discrete items was $56 million, down 10 percent
- Reported diluted earnings per share increased to $0.78 from $0.13 per share last year, and earnings per share excluding discrete items was $0.87 per share, down 5 percent
Selected financial data for the six months ended Dec. 31, 2012:
- Revenues decreased 5.3 percent to $988 million
- Reported net income increased to $82 million from $66 million last year, and net income excluding discrete items was $88 million, down 26 percent
- Reported diluted earnings per share increased to $1.27 from $0.97 per share last year, and earnings per share excluding discrete items was $1.36 per share, down 22 percent
- Operating cash flow was $180 million, compared to $219 million last year
- Repurchased 1,669,718 shares of DeVry common stock for approximately $38.6 million, at an average price of $23.10. DeVry completed its seventh share repurchase program and began its eighth, $100 million program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV