iRobot Corp. (NASDAQ: IRBT), a leader in delivering robotic technology-based solutions, today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 29, 2012.
“Our Home Robot business had a phenomenal year with revenue increasing 28 percent over 2011, but as expected, the decline in Defense & Security revenue resulted in lower total company revenue and profit for the year,” said Colin Angle, chairman and chief executive officer of iRobot.
“2012 was a transformational year for our business, and as we enter 2013, we are a different company than we were a year ago. Our business performance over the next few years will be driven by our rapidly growing home technology business. Home Robots is expected to grow roughly 20 percent this year and comprise 90 percent of total company revenue. In addition, we have an emerging remote presence business and have stabilized our defense business.”
- Revenue for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $100.7 million, compared with $130.8 million for the same quarter one year ago. Revenue for the full year 2012 was $436.2 million, compared with $465.5 million for the full year 2011.
- Net loss in the fourth quarter of 2012 was $5.9 million, compared with net income of $10.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Net income for the full year 2012 was $17.3 million, compared with $40.2 million for the same period in 2011.
- Quarterly loss per share was ($0.21), compared with earnings per share of $0.38 in the fourth quarter last year. Full-year earnings per share were $0.61, compared with $1.44 last year. The Q4 and full year results include the negative impact of $0.22 and $0.27, respectively, from restructuring the Defense & Security business and the inclusion of Evolution Robotics, acquired on October 1, 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $1.0 million, compared with $21.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Adjusted EBITDA for the full year 2012 was $52.5 million, compared with $73.0 million for the same period a year ago.
- Full-year domestic Home Robot revenue growth of more than 40 percent, coupled with international revenue growth of 22 percent, drove a 28 percent year-over-year increase in full-year Home Robot revenue. International Home Robot revenue of $239 million comprised 67 percent of total Home Robot 2012 revenue.
- Closed the acquisition of Evolution Robotics (ER) on October 1, 2012. We are on schedule with our integration and ahead of schedule on our planned rollout of ER’s Mint ® floor sweeping robot to our international distributors.
- Received a $7 million order from a foreign government for PackBot ® systems. International sales are expected to contribute roughly one-third of 2013 product revenue in our Defense & Security business unit.
- Received FDA approval for RP-VITA, the first self-navigating communications robot for use in hospitals.
- Our 2013 Home Robot expectations reflect continued strong growth domestically and continuing economic uncertainties in Europe.
Fiscal Year 2013:
|Revenue||$480 - $490 million|
|Earnings Per Share||$0.57 - $0.72|
|Adjusted EBITDA||$46 - $52 million|
Full-Year 2013 BU Revenue:
|Home Robots||$430 - $435 million|
|Defense & Security Robots||$45 - $55 million|
|Revenue||$98 - $102 million|
|Earnings Per Share||$0.00 - $0.07|
|Adjusted EBITDA||$4 - $6 million|
|Date:||Thursday, February 7, 2013|
|Time:||8:30 a.m. ET|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV