DALLAS, Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) today announced several executive changes as part of an overall effort to better streamline the Company's organizational structure.
Dave Ridley has taken on a new role as Senior Vice President Business Development. In this position, Ridley will focus on assignments that aid the development of our future business strategy and direction; evaluation of Southwest's current business performance; and special assignments.
With the change in Ridley's responsibilities, Kevin Krone, currently Vice President Marketing, Sales, and Distribution, will be promoted to Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer.
Katherine Findlay, Managing Director Internal Audit, has been promoted to Vice President Internal Audit, and Elizabeth Bryant, Managing Director Training, has been promoted to Vice President Training. These are not additional positions at the company; both promotions are in recognition of the job performances of these two Southwest Airlines Leaders."I congratulate Kevin, Katherine, and Elizabeth on their well-earned promotions. The direction and Leadership they have brought their Teams has been phenomenal, and I am proud to help recognize their accomplishments," said Gary Kelly, Chairman, President, and CEO of Southwest Airlines. "I also am confident in the value Dave will bring in his new role, which I feel is crucial given our current dynamic environment and countless opportunities. Dave is most definitely the right person for the job." Go to swamedia.com to access photos and bios for these Leaders. www.southwest.com SOURCE Southwest Airlines
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV