- The global economy;
- The condition of the markets which we serve, whether defined geographically or by segment, with the major market segments being: consumer electronics, industrial and commercial aerospace, defense and science, energy, medical, automotive electronics, telecommunications infrastructure and appliance;
- Changes in product mix and the financial condition of customers;
- Actual sales, operating rates and margins for 2012 and 2013;
- Our success in developing and introducing new products and new product ramp-up rates;
- Our success in passing through the costs of raw materials to customers or otherwise mitigating fluctuating prices for those materials, including the impact of fluctuating prices on inventory values;
- Our success in integrating acquired businesses, including EIS Optics Limited and Aerospace Metal Composites Limited;
- Our success in moving the microelectronics packaging operations to Singapore;
- Our success in implementing our strategic plans and the timely and successful completion and start up of any capital projects, including the new primary beryllium facility in Elmore, Ohio;
- The availability of adequate lines of credit and the associated interest rates;
- The impact of the results of acquisitions on our ability to achieve fully the strategic and financial objectives related to these acquisitions;
- Other financial factors, including the cost and availability of raw materials (both base and precious metals), physical inventory valuations, metal financing fees, tax rates, exchange rates, pension costs and required cash contributions and other employee benefit costs, energy costs, regulatory compliance costs, the cost and availability of insurance, and the impact of the Company’s stock price on the cost of incentive compensation plans;
- The uncertainties related to the impact of war, terrorist activities and acts of God;
- Changes in government regulatory requirements and the enactment of new legislation that impacts our obligations and operations;
- The conclusion of pending litigation matters in accordance with our expectation that there will be no material adverse effects;
- The timing and ability to achieve further efficiencies and synergies resulting from our name change and product line alignment under the Materion name and Materion brand; and
- The risk factors set forth in Part 1, Item 1A of our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011.
Materion Corporation Announces Annual Meeting Date And Declares Dividend
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.