Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C), today announced the winners of its first App Developer Contest, challenging individuals and companies to submit solutions using Polycom® RealPresence® open application programming interfaces (APIs) to extend the value of the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform – the most comprehensive and interoperable UC&C software infrastructure for universal video collaboration. The winners were announced today during the company’s annual sales and partner conference, TEAM Polycom 2013 in Vancouver, held February 4-7, 2013.
X2O Media, winner of the Polycom App Developer Contest, displays content on a video kiosk and digital signage. (Photo: Business Wire)
Polycom named three winners of the contest who received cash prizes and other recognition.
- X2O Media won the grand prize with an application that delivers live and on-demand video content to digital signage devices, Polycom® VVX® IP phones, and video kiosks. The application uses APIs for Polycom video content management, video conferencing and IP phone systems to provide a comprehensive multi-channel video delivery solution. For example, a training session conducted via video conferencing can be captured and streamed to a variety of devices, so training content can be swiftly shared with more people.
- Proton Media was named finalist with an application that combines Polycom video, Microsoft® Lync™ and Microsoft® SharePoint® in a persistent, web-based immersive environment bringing face-to-face collaboration to an interactive virtual world.
- VQ Communication was named runner up for the integration of their VQ Ignite scheduling and call management application with the Polycom video conferencing platform.
X2O Media of Canada, Proton Media from the United States, and VQ Communications from the United Kingdom reflect the global nature of unified communications and video collaboration. Other registered contestants came from Australia, France, Hong Kong, India, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Spain. Their applications serve a wide variety of use cases including user interface integrations, vertical application extensions, and a programming language layer added to the Polycom® RealPresence® Media Management solution for content creation and publishing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV