Lumos Networks (NASDAQ: LMOS), a leading provider of fiber-based products across the Mid-Atlantic region, today introduced Business Communicator , an exciting addition to the IP Centrex family of hosted voice services.
The Business Communicator client app once installed on a user’s desktop and/or smart phone, allows the user to see a colleague’s status while away from their desk, use the instant messaging application and be able to call out using their desk phone number identity. Basic features include the following:
- Instant messaging and presence
- Desktop video chat
- Call logs and message history
- Desktop control of basic telephony features
- Soft phone client application allowing users to make calls while connected only to the internet
The mobile applications are found on the Google Play Store, and will soon be available in the Apple app store titled “Lumos Business Communicator.” Users will have to order the mobile application before using the mobile phone application and can have wireless service from any provider.
“Business Communicator is a key component of unified communications that will make every enterprise more productive and efficient, without spending capital on expensive equipment that is hard to maintain and manage,” said Lumos Networks Vice President of Product Management and Engineering Craig Drinkhall. “We’re improving the way our customers communicate with their customers no matter where they may be, with even greater flexibility and convenience,” he added.Business Communicator is supported by BroadSoft’s BroudTouch Business Communicator™ and BroadCloud™ Unified Communications services. “We are excited to partner with Lumos Networks and to support their innovative strategy by providing a broad-range of Unified Communications services. Lumos Networks is very aware of today's user demands and their desire to work from anywhere. To meet this need, we are thrilled they have selected our BroadTouch Business Communicator to offer a seamless, intuitive interface to their UC services, across a variety of mobile communication device,” said Leslie Ferry, Vice President, Marketing, BroadSoft.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV