Croatia Set For 2013 Tourism Boost Following EU Admittance And Tax Cuts
LONDON, February 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Croatia is expected to see a large increase in tourism this summer thanks to its admittance to the EU and the announcement of a 15% sales-tax cut on tourist services which came into effect in January. These changes mean Brits wanting to holiday in the Mediterranean country could find themselves a better deal on trips with the savings being passed on to holidaymakers.
Michael Bond of 121carhire.com said: " Croatia is taking great steps to boost its tourism and economy to help it compete with traditional holiday hotspots such as Spain and Turkey. With over 2,700 hours of sunshine per year and its white sandy beaches, it is fast becoming a popular place to holiday. Our recent figures found that the most popular places in Croatia for car hire to date are Dubrovnik, Pula, Zagreb and Split airports respectively, and we are preparing for an even higher demand in these areas this summer."
Croatia, which has more than 1,000 islands dotted around its coast, has reportedly seen a 43% increase in bookings for 2013 already. This follows the news from its Tourism Minister, Veljko Ostojic, that sales tax on tourist services will be reduced from 25% to just 10%. Tourism currently accounts for one fifth of the nation's economy, half of that of Spain, and the country has been recovering from a three-year recession.To check the latest offers and availability from 121carhire.com in Croatia and all other destinations, visit http://www.121carhire.com About 121carhire.com 121carhire.com provides car rental in 15,000 locations across 115 countries worldwide. The car hire specialist has been operating for over 5 years and partners with a range of dealers in all major tourist destinations, to ensure its customers receive a wide range of vehicle options at the lowest price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV