Pampering Lexus LS Is Fuss-free Sedan
Indeed, the details and craftsmanship of the LS can impress many a passenger.
As an example, the analog clock on the dashboard has two types of contrasting aluminum and uses GPS to maintain accurate time, no matter the time zone.
Foglamps aren't the typical round shape. They're subtle and vertical so as to better harmonize with the new Lexus spindle grille shape. And, these fog lights are energy-efficient and high-tech light-emitting diode lamps.
There's even a hand rest on the far right of the center console, right where the driver needs it, for operating the cursor-mouse control for the sizable, 12.3-inch center display screen.On first glance, this hand rest might come across as the stub at the top of a retro car phone. But it's actually a smart and helpful resting spot to help ensure accurate movement of the cursor-mouse for commands. This is just one illustration of how the complexity and new technology in the LS are handled thoughtfully in this big sedan, and there's no stressing to find controls or change settings. In fact, the LS appears to be one of the best luxury cars to allow the driver to operate the car and gradually learn the features, in contrast to other cars that immediately and frustratingly demand attention and driver tutorials. It's true the 4.6-liter, double overhead cam V-8 in the LS has fewer horses than do the competing V-8s. But the LS doesn't feel underpowered, even during hard acceleration, where strong engine sounds accompany the smooth rush of 347 or 367 foot-pounds of peak torque coming on. The different torque ratings depend on whether the car is all-wheel drive (lower torque) or rear-wheel drive. Either way, peak torque is reached by a decent 4,100 rpm. Yes, the LS isn't snorting and slamming bodies roughly back in the seats, but the performance feels ample, just the same.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV