Governor Corbett Reinforces Commitment To CHIP Program With Proposed Budget Increase Of $8.5 Million To Insure More Children
CHIP is one of Pennsylvania's most successful public-private partnerships. The state offers the program and defines its benefit plans, while private insurance carriers coordinate those benefits and the care they provide.
CHIP has a comprehensive benefit package and includes doctor visits, prescription, immunizations, emergency care and certain dental, vision and hearing services. Premiums are affordable because they're based on household income. There is no cost for families who qualify for free CHIP. As an example, a four-person household making $60,000 will have an average monthly premium of $67 per child, plus co-pays.
"CHIP is an important part of many families and gives parents peace of mind, knowing that doctor visits and immunizations are covered," D'Agostino said. "The additional funds that Governor Corbett is committing to the program will help us reach more families and get more children enrolled."
CHIP is brought to families by the following private insurance companies: Aetna, Capital BlueCross, First Priority Health, Geisinger Health Plan, Highmark, Independence Blue Cross, Kidz Partners, United HealthCare of Pennsylvania, Inc. and UPMC for Kids.For more information about the Governor's budget proposal, go to www.pa.gov. For more information about CHIP, visit www.chipcoverspakids.com. Media contact: Kirsten Page, Governor's Office, 717-783-1116 Rosanne Placey or Melissa Fox, Insurance, 717-787-3289 SOURCE Pennsylvania Office of the Governor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV