Governor Corbett Reinforces Commitment To CHIP Program With Proposed Budget Increase Of $8.5 Million To Insure More Children
WILKES-BARRE, Pa., Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Tom Corbett continued his budget announcements today by visiting the Osterhout Free Public Library to discuss his plan to increase outreach and enrollment for the state Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
"CHIP has been providing health insurance coverage for two decades now and it is helping Pennsylvania kids grow up healthier," Corbett said. "We are re-energizing our CHIP outreach and enrollment activities with a commitment of $8.5 million to ensure our children don't go without the medical care they need."
About $1 million of the proposal will be used to focus on partnerships and enrollment outreach toward the long-term goal of insuring all eligible children in Pennsylvania.
The additional funding will be used for enrollment services and to provide health care coverage to the additional 9,300 new enrollees expected through the expanded outreach.CHIP was created under legislation signed in 1992. It began providing benefits in 1993, and later served as a model for the federal S-CHIP program in 1997. CHIP expanded in 2006 with Cover All Kids, an initiative making sure that any uninsured child and teen not eligible for, or enrolled in, Medical Assistance would have access to affordable, comprehensive health care coverage. Also attending today's event was Franca D'Agostino, Executive Director for CHIP and Strategic Initiatives, and Dr. Jeffery Kile, a practicing pediatrician from Kingston and Associate Medical Director for Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania. "As a pediatric doctor and medical advisor, each day I see how critically important it is for children to have regular access to health care," Kile said. "If your child is uninsured, CHIP should be your partner in good health."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV