PLEASANTON, Calif., Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Safeway Inc.'s exclusive dairy brand, Lucerne ®, congratulated the nine student finalists chosen to compete for a $30,000 grand prize in the Eighth Annual Lucerne ® The Art of Dairy™ Art Contest. The finalists were announced via a live reveal at www.artofdairy.com. The nine finalists will now transfer their designs onto an unconventional canvas – a life-sized fiberglass cow.
Beginning April 17, the public will vote for their favorite cow and crown a winning artist in the contest that joins nutrition with artistic talent and ingenuity. In addition, as part of the Teacher Incentive Program, all schools that sent in entries were entered into a second-chance drawing, and one lucky school will win $1,000 for its art department. The entries are being tabulated and the winning school will be announced mid-March.
Since the inception of the Art of Dairy™ contest in 2005, Lucerne has contributed over $373,000 to schools, teachers, and students. This year, over 6,400 entries were received from schools across the country.
The Lucerne brand is proud to be committed to promoting the creative growth of young artists, supporting their talents along with underfunded art programs in schools. The Art of Dairy contest has been going strong for eight years, garnering thousands of creative, inspired design entries.
About the Contest Safeway's Lucerne ® brand has been providing students with a wide variety of wholesome dairy products for over a century. Delicious nourishment before, during, and after school not only feeds the body, but it also helps fuel creative minds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV