ONE BILLION RISING Comes To Los Angeles With Zumba Fitness To Dance And Rise For Women
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This Valentine's Day, Los Angeles will be one of many cities across 193 countries bringing together one billion people to dance and rise to end violence against women. V-Day, a global activist movement dedicated to the cause, has partnered with Zumba Fitness, the largest dance-fitness company in the world known for its acclaimed "Fitness-Party", for a very special ONE BILLION RISING event in downtown Los Angeles at LA Live's Nokia Plaza – One Billion Rising Los Angeles – Rise with V-Day and Zumba.
This electrifying dance-fitness party will get Los Angeles rising and dancing with special guests including V-Day Board Member, activist, and Academy Award winner Jane Fonda , V-Day Board Member Carole Black, and celebrity Zumba® instructor Gina Grant . The free event will feature a live Zumba Fitness party and video footage from events around the world.
"ONE BILLION RISING is growing at lightning speed with activists in 197 countries around the world coming together through dancing to reject the cycle of violence, and shake the globe in solidarity and strength, demanding an end to the injustices suffered by more than one billion women," stated Eve Ensler, Playwright/V-Day Founder. "We are thrilled to partner with Zumba Fitness for this Los Angeles event. Zumba® embodies the spirit of ONE BILLION RISING."
ONE BILLION RISING, which was first announced on Valentine's Day 2012, began as a call to action based on the staggering statistic that 1 in 3 women on the planet will be beaten or raped during her lifetime. With the world population at 7 billion, this adds up to more than ONE BILLION WOMEN AND GIRLS. On February 14, 2013, V-Day's 15th anniversary, activists, writers, thinkers, workers, students, poets, dancers, parliamentarians, mayors, state representatives, celebrities, and women and men will come together."I look forward to taking part in such a powerful movement where people have the opportunity to express their passion through dance and community," said celebrity Zumba® instructor Gina Grant. "I can't wait to get on stage and help Los Angeles RISE with the support of all our Zumba® instructors and fans!" ONE BILLION RISING LA - RISE WITH V-Day & ZUMBA FITNESS
- What: An electrifying rising with special guests, including V-Day Board Member, activist, and actress Jane Fonda , V-Day Board Member Carole Black and celebrity Zumba® Instructor Gina Grant.
- When: Thursday, February 14; 6:00 PM
- Where: LA Live's Nokia Plaza, 800 W. Olympic Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90015
- More information can be found on Zumba's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Zumba or this direct link: http://www.facebook.com/events/203222443149596/
- What: A liturgical service hosted by the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Parish Community, including liturgical dancers and ministers of different faith traditions.
- When: Thursday, February 14; 8:30 AM
- Where: Church of the Blessed Sacrament, 6657 Sunset Blvd, Hollywood, CA
- What: A kick-off to the day with V-Day representative and dancing to "Break the Chain" with Flash Mob America.
- When: Thursday, February 14; 10:00 AM
- Where: Sal Guarriello Veterans' Memorial, Intersection of Holloway and Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA
- What: We will be closing down an intersection in downtown Los Angeles and using it as our dance floor! This rising event will focus on demanding an end to the street harassment that so many endure everyday. These are OUR streets, and we deserve to feel safe and empowered while using them.
- When: Thursday, February 14; 12:00 -- 1:00 PM
- Where: Downtown Los Angeles, CA 90013
- What: Dancing and Drumming, sending love, healing and non-violence around the world. Bring your tambourines and drums!
- When: Thursday, February 14; 4:00 – 8:00 PM
- Where: Balboa Pier Shore, 801 East Balboa Boulevard, Newport Beach, CA
- What: Join us for an evening of inspiring art! Celebrating One Billion Rising and in conjunction with Art Walk, A Window Between Worlds presents Art for Healing. Featuring the art of survivors of violence, using art as a healing tool and expression of activism.
- When: Thursday, February 14; 5:00- 8:00 PM
- Where: The Met, 950 S. Flower St., Los Angeles, CA 90015
- For More Information: http://onebillionrising.org/page/event/detail/startarising/4jr5b
- What: Join The Greater L.A. Chapter of the USNC for UN WOMEN for a global strike to demand an end to violence. The party will feature performances by TheKI, LadyFox, DJ Amara, Cklara Moradian, Sherryce & Kelly, The Tribal Dance Jam Collective, and more
- When: Thursday, February 14; 8:00 PM - 1:00 AM
- Where: The Joint, 8771 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90035
- More Information: http://onebillionrising.org/page/event/detail/wt2
- What: Join us for 2 hours of yoga & dance to celebrate freedom through movement and build our strength to free others in an extended Rasa Vinyasa class. All proceeds from this class will be donated to the Downtown Women Center. Share this powerful experience as one billion bodies rise all over the globe, men and women!
- When: Thursday, February 14; 5:30- 7:30 PM
- Where: Namaste Highland Park, 5118 York Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90042
- More Information: http://onebillionrising.org/page/event/detail/startarising/wqt
- What: Rise with Peace Over Violence as the Engaging Men Project hosts a performance of "If You're Out There" at Inner-City Arts. Performance will be followed by a youth-facilitated discussion on the impact of violence. Additionally, Peace Over Violence staff will be rising downtown and dancing at the intersection of 7th and Fig.
- When: Thursday, February 14; 6:00- 9:00 PM
- Where: Inner-City Arts ( Los Angeles, CA) 720 Kohler St. Los Angeles, CA 90021
- More Information: http://onebillionrising.org/page/event/detail/4jv8k
- What: CODEPINK LA is hosting a Rise & Dance procession from Santa Monica to Venice.
- When: Thursday, February 14; 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Where: Santa Monica Promenade, Broadway & 3 rd Santa Monica, CA 90291
- More Information: http://onebillionrising.org/page/event/detail/startarising/4jvxc
- Use Zumba as a verb -- for example, "once you zumba, you'll be hooked."
- Use Zumba as a noun -- for example, "zumba is my favorite exercise."
- Use Zumba as a generic term -- for example, as a name for a fitness program "My gym offers zumba."
- Capitalize the letter "Z" or the whole word "ZUMBA"
- Refer to "the Zumba Fitness program," "Zumba class," "Zumba instructor" etc. – for example "The Zumba Fitness program is the most fun you'll ever have while working out" or "I love my Zumba instructor, she's the best."
- Use the ® symbol on the right hand shoulder of the word Zumba ® - especially in headers and title
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts