BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- There's a love story taking shape on Wall Street right now -- it's a hedge-fund-manager-meets-stock story. And the stocks hedge funds love in 2013 are worth noting this month.
Hedge funds spent much of the end of last year playing catch-up from a performance standpoint, trying to squeeze extra performance out of the market following what was a very strong year for stocks. To do that, they've been grabbing at more momentum names for the last quarter. But with a new calendar year a month in, hedge fund managers have been able to reset their performance clocks again and position themselves with names that still have some time to develop. Those are the ones that investors should be paying attention to.
Hedge funds' favorite stocks are telling right now, especially because they're subject to less lag.And since we're looking at fund holdings in the aggregate, they're less impacted by the fact that some funds haven't filed yet. Consider it a sampling of the $133 billion managed by hedge funds -- a sneak peak. >>5 Hated Stocks Set to Soar on Earnings Institutional investors with more than $100 million in assets are required to file a 13F, a form that breaks down their stock positions for public consumption. From hedge funds to mutual funds to insurance companies, any professional investors who manage more than that $100 million watermark are required to file a 13F. And by comparing one quarter's filing to another, we can see how any single fund manager is moving their portfolio around. Without further ado, here's a look at five stocks hedge funds love. >>5 Dividends That Are About to Get Bigger
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV