A survey of perceptions about cyber risk sponsored by the American International Group, Inc. (AIG) found that among corporate executives, more are concerned about cyber threats than about other major business risks.
More than 85% of the 258 decision-makers surveyed said they were very or somewhat concerned about cyber risks to their organizations, compared with the group’s response to six other areas of risk, including income loss (82% of executives were very or somewhat concerned), property damage (80%), and securities and investment risk (76%).
Additional survey results, which include input from insurance brokers, found high demand among executives and brokers for information about cyber threats, with 80% indicating that they find it difficult to keep pace because the cyber threat is evolving so rapidly. This prompted AIG to develop the first-ever mobile app for cyber risk management and to introduce other tools to further strengthen its CyberEdge risk management solution.
Other findings of note provide further insight into the pervasiveness of cyber risk concern among executives and brokers:
- More than two out of three (69%) executives and brokers believe that the reputational risk from a cyber attack is far greater to a company than the financial risk.
- More than seven in ten (75%) executives and brokers say legal compliance issues are making companies think more about cyber risks.
- The vast majority of brokers and executives (82%) believe hackers are the primary source of cyber threats, though a significant portion of those surveyed (71%) also perceive human error as a significant component of cyber risk.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV