During Strategies in Light 2013, February 12-14, 2013, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, Calif., Fairchild Semiconductor, (NYSE: FCS) a leading global supplier of high performance power and mobile solutions, will demonstrate LED driver applications, including the highly integrated PFC and PWM controllers, which allow designers to reduce BOM count, enable smaller lamp sizes, eliminate design complexity, and improve overall lighting efficiency.
In booth #200, Fairchild experts will showcase a range of LED lighting solutions, including:
- The FL7730 single-stage primary side regulation (PSR) controller with power factor correction (PFC), TRIAC and analog dimming compatibility, as well as the FL7732 for non-dimming applications. The FL7730/32 are active PFC controllers for single-stage flyback and buck-boost topology designs. The FL7730 supports both TRIAC and analog dimming (0-10V or PWM). Implemented with Fairchild's unique analog sensing technology, the device can achieve TRIAC dimming control without flicker over the full range of 0 to 100% light output.
- The FL7701 Smart Non-isolated Buck LED Driver with power factor correction (PFC). The device uses a digital technique that allows it to automatically detect the AC input voltage condition, allowing it to create a special internal reference signal that results in high power factor correction. The FL7701 will also work from a DC input voltage condition, automatically sensing AC versus DC input voltage conditions. The traditional technique of using a transformer in an MR application incurs additional losses with the transformer conversion; this traditional inefficient method can now be replaced using the FL7701 connected directly to a DC or AC off-line input.
- Fairchild lighting experts will also demonstrate a dimmable 25W PWM signal LED power supply with analog voltage (1-10V) that shows an exceptional wide input voltage range of 85 to 700 V AC input for >92 percent efficiency and greater reliability from extended valley switching, high PF, low THD and green-mode performance. Featured products include the FL6961 single-stage flyback and boundary mode PFC controller and the FL6300A quasi-resonant current mode PWM controller.
- Fairchild’s web-based design and simulation tool, providing designers a complete Buck LED driver design in under a minute. From user-provided specifications the tool provides an optimum design with a complete schematic, inductor design and bill of materials (BOM). It also provides circuit simulation to verify stability and operation.
Fairchild Semiconductor’s extensive product portfolio ranges from discrete to integrated solutions that contain PFC controllers, high voltage gate drivers and MOSFETs. Information on other LED lighting solutions from Fairchild is available on our website: www.fairchildsemi.com/ledlighting
With our commitment to energy savings and meeting the most stringent regulations, we have developed innovative products that maximize performance while reducing board space, design complexity and system costs. In addition, our Global Power Resource SM Center comprised of online tools, FAEs and regional centers staffed by power engineers, is the industry standard for customer design support.About Fairchild Semiconductor: Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS) – global presence, local support, smart ideas. Fairchild delivers energy-efficient, easy-to-use and value-added semiconductor solutions for power and mobile designs. We help our customers differentiate their products and solve difficult technical challenges with our expertise in power and analog and mixed signal products. Please contact us on the web at http://www.fairchildsemi.com. Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/FairchildSemi View product and company videos, listen to podcasts and comment on our blog @ http://www.fairchildsemi.com/engineeringconnections Visit us on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FairchildSemiconductor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV