FRANKLIN, Tenn., Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The all-electric Nissan LEAF may be known for being quiet on the outside, but now it's boomin' on the inside with the first custom-designed Bose® Energy Efficient Series sound system available on the 2013 model that goes on sale this month.
The Bose system in the LEAF delivers powerful, high-quality audio, but with a significantly smaller and lighter footprint than conventional systems and at about half the electrical current.
"Early adopters of electric vehicles were thrilled to have a zero-emissions vehicle and now that we're expanding the market and it matures, many customers are asking for more amenities in their EV," said Brendan Jones, Nissan director of EV marketing. "We wanted to be able to give them a premium sound system and be conscientious about the amount of energy required to do so."Nissan, which now assembles the LEAF, its battery and its electric motor all in Tennessee, introduced an expanded range of trim levels for the 2013 LEAF. The Bose system is available as part of the premium package on SV and SL models. "The Bose Energy Efficient Series sound system delivers on all its promise for LEAF owners. It's remarkably efficient—without conceding on great musical performance," said Brandon Westley, president of the Bose Automotive Systems Division. "This system also demonstrates the unmatched advancements we've achieved in producing highly efficient audio technology in vehicles." To meet the energy efficient design goals for the LEAF, Nissan engineers focused on using every available watt of power effectively throughout the vehicle, including the sound system. Bose expertise in power-efficient technology led to the development of smaller and lighter speakers and amplifiers that perform at a high level without compromising the LEAF's power, weight or interior space.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV