HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J., Feb. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation (Nasdaq:NYMX) announced today that CEO Paul Averback will be presenting at the 15th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference. Hosted by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO), the 15th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference will take place February 11-12 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City.
Nymox is in late Phase 3 testing NX-1207, a drug for prostate diseases. NX-1207 is in late stage Phase 3 development in the U.S. for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a common condition of older men associated with growth in prostate size as men age. Nymox announced in November completion of patient enrollment in the Company's pivotal U.S. Phase 3 NX02-0017 Study of NX-1207 for BPH. Top-line results from the large Phase 3 Study are expected in late 2013. Phase 3 trial activities of NX-1207 for BPH have begun in Europe sponsored by Recordati S.p.A., the company's European licensing partner. In the BPH studies to date, a single dose of NX-1207 has been found to produce symptomatic improvements about double that reported for currently approved BPH drugs without causing the sexual or cardiovascular side effects associated with those drugs. NX-1207 is also being evaluated for the treatment of low risk localized prostate cancer where NX-1207 is administered directly into the area of the prostate where the cancer was detected. A U.S. Phase 2 study (NX03-0040) for that indication is in progress.
Dr. Averback said, "Our drug development programs for NX-1207 include pivotal Phase 3 studies in the U.S. and Europe, re-injection studies in the U.S., prostate cancer trials, and other clinical and non-clinical research activities. Over 2000 patients have participated to date in NX-1207 trials. We look forward to further milestones as these Phase 3 trials are completed and results are reported."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV