Gartner Positions Kognitio As A "Visionary" In Magic Quadrant For Data Warehouse DBMS
BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kognitio, driving the convergence of Big Data, in-memory analytics and cloud computing, today announced it has been positioned in the "visionaries" quadrant of Gartner, Inc.'s latest "Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse Database Management Systems," published last week. The Kognitio announcement came at the Gartner Business Intelligence and Analytics Summit 2013 in Barcelona, Spain.
Kognitio believes this position provides tangible proof of its efforts to successfully redefine itself and its products in the highly competitive "Big Data" and analytics marketplace.
In its new report, Gartner noted, "the data warehouse DBMS (database management system) market is transforming due to the rise of 'big data' and logical data warehouses. Unexpectedly, many organizations entered the data warehouse market in 2012 for the first time, increasing demand for professional services and causing important changes in vendors' positions."Kognitio has been consistently at the forefront of this trend, leveraging its generation of experience as an in-memory analytical platform to enable companies of all sizes worldwide to better understand the insights available from massive amounts of data, so that they can gain and maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Over the last 18 months, Kognitio has:
- Introduced a free-to-use, full-featured, perpetual licensed version of its analytical platform software, making it available via the Amazon and Informatica Marketplaces. This version enables companies to pin up to 128 gigabytes of data into memory and perform in-depth analytics.
- Announced Hadoop integration as an integral part of the Kognitio Analytical Platform. Beyond simple connectivity, an external tables feature embeds a software agent inside Hadoop clusters, effectively leveraging Kognitio as an in-memory analytical accelerator for Hadoop, returning query results in seconds, and saving minutes to hours of query processing time.
- Announced support for Amazon's EC2 and High Cluster Compute initiatives; just last week, Kognitio said it was reducing its charge for analytics performed via High Cluster Compute instances to a penny per gigabyte per hour, enabling even small, data-intensive firms to perform day-long analytics on a terabyte of data for less than $100.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts