United Spinal To Host Free Webinars On Sexuality And Health & Fitness For People With Disabilities
NEW YORK, Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- United Spinal Association's membership division, National Spinal Cord Injury Association (NSCIA), will host free webinars in February on the topics of sexuality and intimacy for couples with disabilities, followed by health and fitness for wheelchair users.
"These webinars will help people learn how to address health and sexuality issues, especially if they use a wheelchair or live with a spinal cord disorder," said Marlene Perkins, VP of Corporate and Community Relations at United Spinal.
"The goals are to achieve greater health, a positive self-image and new plateaus in intimate relationships," she added.The first webinar Sexuality and Intimacy for Couple with Disabilities–– Feb. 14 th at 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. EDT , will discuss how people with disabilities can openly address their sexual needs and desires with their partners. It will also provide tips on increasing communication in their relationships with featured speaker Eva Margot Kant, LCSW, an educator and clinician who has experience working with individuals and couples with disabilities on intimacy-related issues. The second webinar Cutting-Edge Fitness for Wheelchair Users–– Feb. 27 th at 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. EDT , will highlight exercise options for wheelchair users using the latest technology, such as video gaming, electrical stimulation, biofeedback, motion therapy, and more. The featured speaker is Jennifer French, Executive Director of Neurotech Network, an organization dedicated to helping people regain life through neurotechnology . A variety of resources will be provided to help wheelchair users reach their fitness goals, whether they simply want to conquer the daily grind and burn off some steam, reduce the effect of secondary conditions, or get into the best shape of their lives.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV