RILA Applauds Nomination Of REI's Jewell As Interior Secretary
J ewell joined the RILA Board of Directors in 2007
ARLINGTON, Va., Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) issued the following statement in response to news that REI Chief Executive Officer and RILA Board Member Sally Jewell will be nominated today by President Obama to serve as Secretary of the Interior.
"I applaud the President for selecting Sally for this important post. Her thoughtful guidance and leadership have been tremendous assets to RILA and the retail industry at-large," said RILA President Sandy Kennedy. "Sally is a well-respected retail executive, with a remarkable commitment to REI's members, customers and employees. I have no doubt that she will guide the Department of the Interior with the same vision and leadership with which she led REI."
Jewell has served on the RILA Board of Directors since January 2007.RILA is the trade association of the world's largest and most innovative retail companies. RILA members include more than 200 retailers, product manufacturers, and service suppliers, which together account for more than $1.5 trillion in annual sales, millions of American jobs and more than 100,000 stores, manufacturing facilities and distribution centers domestically and abroad.
SOURCE Retail Industry Leaders Association
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV