Academic Partnerships Now Accepting Proposals For Round One Of 2013 Research Grant Program
DALLAS, Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Academic Partnerships (AP), one of the largest representatives of public universities offering online learning in the United States, today announced that it is currently accepting proposals for Round One of its 2013 Research Grant Program, which supports faculty research on the impact and effectiveness of online learning. Proposals are being accepted through Feb. 28, 2013.
The Academic Partnerships Research Grant Program, which has committed to providing $100,000 in funding in 2013, offers faculty members working in online courses within the AP partnership the opportunity to win grants to foster research that could increase understanding about the power of online learning. Priority funding for longitudinal research will be provided in recognition of those proposals that include:
- Research on quality assurance as a system in higher education
- Data points related to student retention
- Data points related to improvement of student learning outcomes
- Aspects regarding Quality Matters' (QM) impact on student learning outcomes, student retention, improving instruction, or forming teaching practices if the applicant's institution is a subscriber to QM
- A focus on the any of the following:
- Evaluation of emerging technologies, tools, and concepts and effectiveness in online education (e.g., xMOOCs, cMOOCs, gamification, competency based evaluation, etc.)
- Effectiveness of a quality assurance process in online education
- New or effective ideas for online course design
Proposals are being accepted online at http://facultyecommons.com/academic-partnerships-faculty-research-grant-application-form/.
Awardees will be informed in writing by March 31, 2013 and announced on Faculty eCommons, an AP-sponsored site supporting online faculty around the world, shortly thereafter. Funds will be disseminated over the duration of the project and will be paid to the institution's grant or equivalent office.The second round of the program will commence this summer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV