Academic Partnerships Now Accepting Proposals For Round One Of 2013 Research Grant Program
DALLAS, Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Academic Partnerships (AP), one of the largest representatives of public universities offering online learning in the United States, today announced that it is currently accepting proposals for Round One of its 2013 Research Grant Program, which supports faculty research on the impact and effectiveness of online learning. Proposals are being accepted through Feb. 28, 2013.
The Academic Partnerships Research Grant Program, which has committed to providing $100,000 in funding in 2013, offers faculty members working in online courses within the AP partnership the opportunity to win grants to foster research that could increase understanding about the power of online learning. Priority funding for longitudinal research will be provided in recognition of those proposals that include:
- Research on quality assurance as a system in higher education
- Data points related to student retention
- Data points related to improvement of student learning outcomes
- Aspects regarding Quality Matters' (QM) impact on student learning outcomes, student retention, improving instruction, or forming teaching practices if the applicant's institution is a subscriber to QM
- A focus on the any of the following:
- Evaluation of emerging technologies, tools, and concepts and effectiveness in online education (e.g., xMOOCs, cMOOCs, gamification, competency based evaluation, etc.)
- Effectiveness of a quality assurance process in online education
- New or effective ideas for online course design
Proposals are being accepted online at http://facultyecommons.com/academic-partnerships-faculty-research-grant-application-form/.
Awardees will be informed in writing by March 31, 2013 and announced on Faculty eCommons, an AP-sponsored site supporting online faculty around the world, shortly thereafter. Funds will be disseminated over the duration of the project and will be paid to the institution's grant or equivalent office.The second round of the program will commence this summer.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts