Ohio Governor Takes State Budget Plan On The Road
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) â¿¿ Ohio Gov. John Kasich is taking his pitch for state tax changes on the road.
Kasich proposed a sweeping state budget on Monday that reduces state income and small business taxes through increases in other areas. It also would boost school funding and expand Medicaid services with help from the federal government.
The Republican governor discussed his budget proposal Tuesday afternoon with small business owners in the Cleveland suburb of Brooklyn Heights. Meanwhile, Kasich's budget director testified before the House finance committee on the governor's $63.1 billion, two-year spending plan.
Kasich's tax reform package incorporates a significant rewrite of Ohio's tax code that delivers $1.4 billion in tax cuts over three years.The governor's spending blueprint is slated to be introduced in the Legislature next week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV