This blend of ease, security, and flexibility helped Cubby attract consumers, professionals, teams and even entire businesses into the beta."Cubby gives our staff an easy way to make their files accessible and easily sharable without asking them to change the way they work – there's no need to dump everything into a single magic cloud folder or replicate their existing folders in another service," said Shannon Browne, IT manager at Xander Media Group, a Pennsylvania-based publisher of trade magazines. "It's secure, and requires virtually no instruction to get started. Cubby just works the way we do, and that means our team members can collaborate on the projects needed to meet our deadlines, no matter where they are."
- 5GB free cloud storage, with the option to earn extra storage by referring others who create a Cubby account
- Access to files anywhere from virtually any device via Cubby's free desktop, web and mobile apps (includes Windows-based PCs, Macs, Android devices, iPads and iPhones), including the ability to sync files across multiple devices using the cloud
- The flexibility to make any folder a 'cubby' – and make as many cubbies as desired
- Multiple ways to share files and collaborate with others. Content can be shared with others by inviting them into a cubby, which lets both parties see, work with, and sync content; or it can be shared through simple read-only links to files and cubbies, an option that provides quick sharing even with people who don't have a Cubby account
- Syncing of information across devices with or without cloud data storage. Cubby Pro's distinct DirectSync™ mode provides the ability to sync an unlimited amount of information across computers (PCs and Macs) without ever having to store your data in the cloud. DirectSync can be used individually or collaboratively with any other Cubby Pro user to share small collections of files or even terabytes of content across devices.
- Optional added control and security over sensitive information with Cubby Locks. Both the Basic and Pro versions of Cubby have been architected from the ground up to be highly secure. Cubby is built on LogMeIn's own cloud data sync and storage service – not hosted on a third party cloud data platform – and takes advantage of the same online-banking-level encryption capabilities used in LogMeIn's connectivity offerings (like LogMeIn Free and Pro, LogMeIn Rescue and join.me). With Cubby Locks, users of Cubby Pro gain additional control over access to their most sensitive information, including password requirements on shared cubbies and sole ownership of their encryption keys.
- 100GB of cloud storage per user. Cubby Pro users start with 100GB per user and can simply add users and additional space as desired. In multiuser accounts, this additional space is shared between users, making it a perfect option for team collaboration (e.g. a 2 user pro account costs $13.98 per month billed annually and comes with 200GB of cloud storage that can be shared between the users). Cubby Pro accounts with multiple users can also be upgraded to add more individual space or shared space, as desired.