The benchmark 10-year Treasury added 12/32 to dilute the yield to 1.962%. The dollar was up 0.29%, according to the U.S. dollar index.
In corporate news, Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) is expected to pay some 400 million pounds ($627 million) for a role it played in the LIBOR global interest-rate rigging scandal, Reuters reported, citing sources familiar with the situation. Shares gained 1.3% on Tuesday.
Time Warner (TWX) reported adjusted fourth-quarter earnings of $1.17 a share on revenue of $8.16 billion. Analysts expected the company, which owns CNN and HBO, to post fourth-quarter earnings of $1.10 a share on revenue of $8.25 billion. Shares rose 4.1%.
Board game maker Hasbro (HAS) announced a new token lineup for its classic American real estate game, Monopoly. Fans voted to add a cat, replacing the iron. Shares increased 0.7%.CVS Caremark (CVS) on Wednesday posted fourth-quarter adjusted earnings of $1.14 a share; analysts were looking for $1.10 a share. Shares were off 0.93% on Wednesday. Zynga (ZNGA) beat Wall Street expectations on Tuesday as the company reported a profit of 1 cent a share on revenue of $311.1 million for the fourth quarter. Analysts expected a loss of about 2 to 4 cents a share on revenue of $255 to $265 million. Shares popped 9.1%. Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) said its fourth-quarter earnings rose 7% as same-store sales grew 3.8% due to better customer traffic. Shares of the company jumped 5.7%. Media giant News Corp. (NWSA) reported quarterly earnings of $1.01 a share on revenue of $9.43 billion on Wednesday. The Street expected a profit of 42 cents a share on revenue of $9.28 billion. Shares dipped 0.5% during the regular session on Wednesday, but were rising 1.4% in after-hours trades. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV