Ecolab has selected Café Joshua, a non-profit kitchen in West Palm Beach, Fla., as the second winner of its Clean Makeover Contest, which invited foodservice operators to explain why they could use extra help from Ecolab. Café Joshua will receive up to $25,000 of Ecolab equipment, products and services to enhance the cleanliness and efficiency of its operations.
Entries in the Ecolab Clean Makeover Contest ranged from humbling to humorous, but all shared a common theme: a desire to maintain a high degree of cleanliness under sometimes challenging conditions.
“From the hundreds of entries we received, Café Joshua’s essay captured our attention because of the organization’s impact on the local community,” said Kevin Rowley, senior marketing manager, Ecolab Institutional Foodservice. “The organization feeds the homeless, helps clients develop life skills and prepares them for work in the foodservice industry. Café Joshua also recently launched a corporate catering business to help support their efforts.”
Through Café Joshua’s programs, students learn on-site food preparation and kitchen operations, including food safety regulations and best practices in kitchen sanitation. Over the past three years, the program has successfully graduated 54 students. Many go on to work in catering and foodservice careers in local restaurants and hotels, medical centers, banquet and dining halls and school districts.“We understand the importance of maintaining a clean kitchen environment, and that's why Ecolab’s expertise is so welcomed,” said Robert Coleman, director of Food Service at Café Joshua. “They provide best-in-class food safety practices that will benefit our students, our corporate catering business and our food programs for the homeless.” The Clean Makeover Contest prize package, valued at up to $25,000, includes:
- An Ecolab rental dishmachine with innovative Apex2 technology
- Ecolab Pest Elimination service
- An Ecolab Cleaning Caddy for touch-free restroom cleaning
- Assorted cleaning products and tools for kitchen operations, including detergents, sanitizers, floor and glass cleaners and hand care products
- Ice Machine Smart Care SM Performance Check service
- Water filtration equipment for an ice machine and postmix beverages
- A food safety evaluation and coaching session
- A Prep-n-Print food labeling system
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV