Today I profile eight of the BKX that continue to be buy-and-trade candidates:
Bank of America (BAC) ($11.88 vs. $11.43 on Jan. 10): Has been downgraded to buy from strong buy since Jan. 10 with the stock below its 52-week high set at $12.20 on Jan. 7. The weekly chart is overbought with the five-week modified moving average at $11.35 and the 200-week simple moving average at $11.71. My semiannual value level lags at $9.01 with a monthly pivot at $11.71 and weekly risky level at $12.29.
BB&T (BBT) ($31.02 vs. $30.04 on Jan. 10): Has been downgraded to hold from buy rating and remains well below its multi-year high at $34.37 set Sept. 14. The weekly chart is positive with the five-week MMA at $30.39 and the 200-week SMA at $27.10. My semiannual value level is $26.10 with a quarterly pivot at $30.43 and weekly risky level at $31.86.
Citigroup (C) ($42.92 vs. $42.04 on Jan. 10): Citi still has a buy rating with its 52-week high at $43.34 set on Jan. 25. The weekly chart profile is overbought with the five-week MMA at $41.22 and the 200-week SMA at $37.03. My annual value level is $33.19 with a monthly pivot at $43.00 and weekly risky level at $44.91.
Capital One Financial (COF) ($57.13 vs. $62.31 on Jan. 10): Capital One has been downgraded to hold from buy and is well below its 52-week high at $62.92 set Jan. 7. The weekly chart profile stays negative on a close this week below its five-week MMA at $57.81 with the 200-week SMA at $44.71. My annual value level is $51.52 with a semiannual risky level at $58.68.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV