MONROE, La., Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL), the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and a leader in global cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises, today launched AppGrid SM, a private cloud service available through the savvisdirect online channel that helps businesses better manage the application lifecycle from conception to production.
AppGrid offers instantly scalable private cloud services, available on a month-to-month, utility basis with no long-term commitment or contract. Equipped for high-performance workloads, AppGrid is based on the CA AppLogic™ cloud platform from CA Technologies.
The introduction of AppGrid builds on CenturyLink's ongoing strategy to bring simplified cloud services to a broader segment of business customers by combining the strengths of CenturyLink's network infrastructure with Savvis' expertise in cloud."With most cloud-based software development efforts, developers must keep track of multiple scripting languages, hardware configurations, and application versions as they hop from one platform to the next throughout the application lifecycle," said Mike Goodenough, global director of cloud field engineering for savvisdirect. "AppGrid changes the game by simplifying the application development and continuous integration processes into a single, private cloud appliance ecosystem that's delivered on dedicated hardware, fully accessible via public IP and secured through VPNs." The AppGrid graphical application design editor allows businesses to quickly design, build, test and launch production environments leveraging web servers, databases and networking appliances using a dedicated private cloud environment. Private cloud environments currently can be deployed through CenturyLink data centers in North America. Product features include:
- A rapid deployment model that allows customers to go from sign-up to live in less than two business days;
- A choice between three preconfigured grids to power compute needs;
- A graphical dashboard interface to manage and track CPU, RAM, storage space, role-based account management and reporting tools;
- A scalable infrastructure for instant access to additional capacity and preconfigured resources such as firewalls, load balancers, switches and databases;
- Xen-based open source hypervisor for universal compatibility with Linux and with Microsoft server software and bring your own license models;
- Service-level agreement and 24/7 customer support;
- Access to savvisdirect's FastForward Onboarding SM; and
- Microsoft Server Virtualization Validation Program for Windows 2008 R2 64-bit operating system operated via the CA AppLogic automation system for consistent operation and support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV