Sheetz Applauds Governor Tom Corbett For Taking "A Bold Step In The Direction Of Changing The Way Adult Beverages Are Sold In Pennsylvania"
ALTOONA, Pa., Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sheetz Convenience Restaurants support Governor Tom Corbett's efforts to modernize Pennsylvania liquor laws, stating that until now there has not been a state leader willing to push for change since Prohibition. The chain of more than 437 stores continues today to endorse the idea of reforming the way alcohol is sold in the Commonwealth as Gov. Corbett announces his proposed budget for 2013.
"We have been lobbying for adult beverage sales reform for a long time," says Louie Sheetz, executive vice president, marketing. "Although Gov. Corbett's proposal is centered around liquor, we are very excited that beer sales are part of the consideration. Allowing the private sector to manage the sale of alcoholic beverages is long overdue."
"It's a business model we are used to and our customers who buy beer truly appreciate the luxury of being able to stop at Sheetz on the way home or on their way to a gathering," adds Louie Sheetz. "We are confident in our ability to add beer to our offer and sell it responsibly here in Pennsylvania."The plan in its current form, however, is considerably restrictive with quantity limits and licenses, by requiring annual renewal, would be too expensive. Hopefully, the governor will consider modifying some of the measures so that it makes better economic sense for us and other retailers." SOURCE Sheetz, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV