- Total revenue was $1,341.2 million, an increase of 7 percent over the prior year.
- Total fee and other revenue increased 8 percent to $1,328.6 million from $1,230.9 million in the prior year.
- Money transfer fee and other revenue increased 10 percent over the prior year to $1,148.5 million, and increased 13 percent on a constant currency basis.
- Money transfer transaction volume increased 14 percent over the prior year, led by:
- 18 percent growth in sends originated outside of the U.S.
- 13 percent growth in U.S. outbound on the strength of U.S.-to-Mexico sends, which grew 21 percent
- 10 percent growth in U.S.-to-U.S. sends.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 6 percent to $278.9 million and in constant currency adjusted EBITDA increased 8 percent to $283.8 million. Adjusted EBITDA margin was 20.8 percent, down from 21.1 percent in the prior year. Adjusted EBITDA was negatively impacted by $4.9 million related to a lower euro valuation against the U.S. dollar compared to the prior year, $4.3 million from lower investment revenue, and $4.0 million from higher compliance related investments.
- The Company reported EBITDA of $139.9 million and a net loss of ($49.3) million. Both EBITDA and net loss were primarily impacted by:
- $100.0 million forfeiture related to the settlement of the investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Pennsylvania (“MDPA”)
- $19.2 million of legal expenses primarily related to the MDPA settlement and the settled shareholder lawsuit
- $19.3 million of restructuring and reorganization costs
- $10.0 million in gains from the sale of securities previously written down
- $9.2 million of stock-based compensation expense
- $1.0 million of severance and related costs.
- Diluted loss per common share was ($0.69), including a negative $1.58 per share impact due to the aforementioned forfeiture and legal expenses, a negative $0.17 per share impact from restructuring and reorganization costs, a negative $0.08 per share impact from stock-based compensation, offset by a $0.09 per share benefit from gains on the sales of securities previously written down.
MoneyGram International Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.