Ellen MacArthur Foundation Launches Global Business Alliance: The Circular Economy 100
LONDON, February 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- 100 companies to create $10b economic value over three year period through commitment to circular economy initiatives
The Ellen MacArthur Foundation has today launched the Circular Economy 100 ('CE100'), a three year programme aimed at bringing together a network of 100 leading companies globally to facilitate development and commitment to new circular economy projects. The CE100 will provide executive education on key themes and emerging trends, share knowledge and new learnings, and identify and develop solutions to common challenges. The objective is that by 2015 participating companies will have triggered circular initiatives that will result in an aggregated economic benefit of $10billion for the businesses involved.
The launch comes as a result of the exceptional response to the publication of two reports by the Foundation, launched during the World Economic Forum in Davos, with analysis by McKinsey, which demonstrate over $1trillion of opportunities posed by circular economy innovation. The creation of the new alliance is supported by the Foundation's founding partners, Cisco, BT, National Grid, B&Q and Renault.
Twenty companies have already confirmed their membership of the programme, which officially opens today, including Coca-Cola Company, M&S, IKEA Group, Morrisons, Tarkett, FLOOW2, Heights, iFixit, Ricoh, Vestas, WRAP, Turntoo, and Desso. The programme will seek its remaining membership from industry sectors fundamental to the evolution of the circular economy.In addition to working with some of the world's biggest businesses the programme will include a parallel group of 'emerging innovators' in the form of new tech businesses believed to hold the key to unlocking innovation barriers to circular progress. The CE100 is based on the principle that a global alliance across the business community can realise greater value, and faster, than companies operating individually and in isolation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV