NEW YORK -- Sprint Nextel (S) is expected by analysts Thursday to post a fourth-quarter loss of 46 cents a share on revenue of $8.92 billion.
A year earlier, the telecommunications giant posted a quarterly loss of 43 cents a share.
Sprint reached a $20 billion deal last year that gives Japanese company Softbank a 70% stake in Sprint.
News Corp. (NWSA) posted adjusted earnings for its fiscal second quarter of 44 cents a share on revenue of $9.43 billion, topping analysts' estimates for profit of 43 cents a share on revenue of $8.98 billion. The media giant, however, cut its annual forecast for operating income. 3 Stocks Rising on Big Volume
Boeing (BA) is proposing certain battery design changes that would minimize the risks of fire on its grounded 787 Dreamliner and allow the planes to begin flying again as soon as March, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing government and industry officials briefed on the matter..
Visa (V) said fiscal first-quarter net income rose 25% to $1.3 billion and revenue rose almost 12% percent to $2.85 billion. Visa said transactions processed over its Visa network totaled $14.2 billion, an increase of 4% from a year earlier.
Credit Suisse (CS), Switzerland's second-biggest bank, swung to a profit in the fourth quarter but said it was planning to cut costs more than previously planned. The bank recorded a profit of 397 million Swiss francs ($435 million) during the quarter, compared with a year-earlier loss of 637 million francs. Flagstar's Stock, Punished This Year, Could Rebound Big
Yelp (YELP) missed Wall Street's fourth-quarter earnings expectations on Wednesday and gave guidance that showed revenue growth was slowing. Yelp posted a quarterly loss of 8 cents a share on revenue of $41.2 million, up 65% from a year earlier. Analysts expected the review aggregator to lose 5 cents a share on revenue of $40.29 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV