Home Improvement Retailer Prepares For Busiest Time Of Year
TORONTO, Feb. 6, 2013 /CNW/ - The Home Depot® Canada is currently hiring 6700 employees to support its anticipated sales growth this spring. As both the company's busiest hiring and selling period, spring serves as The Home Depot's annual peak season, similar to the Christmas selling season for many retailers.
"As part of the world's largest home improvement retailer and a leader in the industry, we're gearing up for continued success in 2013," said Bill Lennie president, The Home Depot Canada. "Our spring hiring season is another way we are able to create jobs and contribute to the Canadian economy. Many associates - from students to retirees - have joined our team during our spring season and built meaningful, sustainable careers."
The company is hiring full-time, part-time and seasonal positions, such as sales associates, cashiers, design professionals, department supervisors and night operators. Job opportunities range from part-time to full-time and are available on a market-by-market basis based on individual store needs and geographical variance in climate. Job seekers can begin applying online now at www.homedepot.ca/jobs."The Home Depot's success is not just based on our innovative products and services, but on the talented team of associates who are dedicated to providing outstanding customer service every day," said Kim Forgues, vice president, human resources, communications and sustainability, The Home Depot Canada. "Associates that join our team have the opportunity to work in a diverse environment. We offer competitive benefits, extensive training and the chance to go beyond the position and really make a difference in the community." The Home Depot Canada lives by its core values, including taking care of its people. That's why it continues to invest in its 28,000 associates across the country. This will ensure its customers continue to get the value they want and need every day from The Home Depot Canada. If you're interested in joining the team, apply online today. Quick Facts
- Eligible full and part-time employees have access to competitive benefits, including company-paid health and dental benefits, profit-sharing programs, tuition reimbursement and employee assistance programs.
- The Home Depot Canada delivers more than one million hours of training each year, reaching all 28,000 associates across the country.
- Last year The Home Depot Canada associates volunteered more than 60,000 hours on community projects through the Team Depot program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV