HOD HASHARON, Israel and MORRISVILLE, North Carolina, February 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Allot Communications Ltd. (NASDAQ, TASE: ALLT) and Tekelec have completed Interoperability Testing (IOT) for the 3GPP Sd Interface that offers service providers more powerful application policy control and enforcement with a more efficient network architecture. The IOT was performed to support a global Tier-1 mobile operator that plans to implement application-specific policies.
The new Diameter Sd Interface helps operators offer subscribers new digital lifestyle services, such as the connected home, mobile payments, mobile health and analytics. With the new Allot/Tekelec Sd integration and by using 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) standardized mechanisms, operators are able to offer innovative and competitive mobile broadband service plans with dynamic management of over-the-top traffic based on network utilization, subscriber and device awareness.
The companies are the first to announce IOT over the new Sd Diameter Interface, which communicates between the Tekelec Policy Server (PCRF) and Allot's Service Gateway Sigma E Traffic Detection Function (TDF) in order to enable detection and enforcement control over applications.The long-term value of the Sd interface goes well beyond restrictions to specific content. The interface, whose standards were defined by the 3GPP R11, allows operators to:
- Create application-based service tiers and one-time offers through better application identification and control.
- Extend policy intelligence and control to new traffic management functions.
- Enable single unified traffic management for converged networks.
- Simplify network architecture and operations by eliminating the need for a RADIUS interface between the TDF/DPI and the Gateway GPRS Support Node (GGSN). The Sd Diameter Interface allows operators to transfer some tasks the GGSN manages to the Policy Server, thereby removing the need for a separate connection between the TDF/DPI and GGSN.
- Enhance Quality of Service (QoS) for applications such as video streaming and voice over LTE, both expected to be the largest generators of diameter messages by 2016 according to Tekelec's LTE Diameter Signaling Index forecast.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV