BOURBON : Fourth Quarter 2012 And Full-year 2012 Revenues
Compared with the fourth quarter of 2011, fourth quarter 2012 revenues posted by Deepwater offshore vessels were up 5.8% to 92.6 million euros, buoyed by high rates and the full-time effect of two new vessels, despite a decline in the utilization rate in the North Sea market.
Compared with the third quarter of 2012, revenues dipped by a slight 0.6%, affected in part by the planned classification dry-dock of 4 vessels and by the dollar effect.
In the North Sea, despite the fact that demand for offshore vessels was up, average utilization rate and average daily rate were impacted by the over-capacity of PSV and AHTS vessels, which was exacerbated by the addition of newly built vessels to the market and the return of vessels that previously operated in Brazil.
For the full year 2012, revenues reached 360.8 million euros, up 13.3% from the same period in 2011, thanks to the increase in average daily rate of part of the fleet and the impact of the dollar.
- Shallow water offshore vessels
Q4 2012 Q4 2011 Change Q3 2012 Revenues (in millions of euros) 91.1 66.6 +36.8% 91.7 Number of vessels (end of period) 102 91 + 11 vessels 101 Average utilization rate 92.2% 88.3% +3.9 pts 90.3%Compared with the fourth quarter of 2011, fourth quarter 2012 revenues posted by Shallow water offshore vessels were up sharply (+36.8%) at 91.1 million euros, driven by the success of the Bourbon Liberty vessels, as reflected by the increase in average daily rates (+12.4%), the growth of the fleet (9 vessels delivered in twelve months), and the improvement in the average utilization rate (+3.9 points). Compared with the third quarter of 2012, revenues were slightly down despite the improved utilization rate (+1.9 point), owing mainly to the dollar effect and to a very slight decrease in average daily rates. For the full year 2012, revenues over the prior year rose sharply to 336.7 million euros, an increase of 39.4%, compared with the 12% growth in the number of vessels. This reflects the 8.6% increase in average daily rates, the continued improvement in the average utilization rate (+2.4 points) and the favorable impact of the dollar.
Q4 2012 Q4 2011 Change Q3 2012 Revenues (in millions of euros) 73.5 62.4 +17.8% 69.7 Number of vessels (end of period) 265 257 +8 vessels 267 Average utilization rate 82.5% 82.1% +0.4 pt 78.4%Compared with the fourth quarter of 2011, fourth quarter 2012 revenues posted by Crewboats were up 17.8% at 73.5 million euros, thanks to the significant increase in average daily rates, to the favorable impact of the dollar and to the continued expansion of the fleet. Compared with the third quarter of 2012, revenues were 5.5% higher due to the improvement in utilization rates (+4.1 points). For the full year 2012, revenues amounted to 274.8 million euros, up 17.9% over the same period in 2011 owing to the increase in average daily rates (+11.1%), the expansion of the fleet (20 new vessels in service) and the favorable impact of the dollar, despite a reduction in the average utilization rate.
- SUBSEA SERVICES
Q4 2012 Q4 2011 Change Q3 2012 Revenues (in millions of euros) 51.4 48.1 +6.8% 46.5 Number of vessels (end of period) 18 18 - 18 Average utilization rate 91.7% 91.0% +0.7 pt 85.2%Compared with the fourth quarter of 2011, fourth quarter 2012 revenues rose 6.8% to 51.4 million euros, buoyed by the full-time effect of the addition to the fleet of the second vessel in the Bourbon Evolution series and by the favorable impact of the dollar. The average utilization rate is slightly up (+0.7 point), while the average daily rate is up 13.2%. Compared with the third quarter of 2012, revenues are up 10.5%, buoyed by the addition of one new vessel in the Bourbon Evolution 800 series and the return to full operation of 4 vessels after planned classification dry-docks. For the full year 2012, revenues are up 10.0%. This is due to contrasting changes:
- on the one hand, to the full-time chartering of one large IMR vessel, to contract renewals for medium to large-sized vessels under long-term contracts at more favorable rates with a positive influence on average daily rates, to the favorable impact of the dollar, and to the addition to the fleet of the Bourbon Evolution 802, which took full effect during the last quarter.
- on the other hand, to an average utilization rate down 5.1 points owing to 8 planned classification dry-docks in 2012 (44% of the total fleet).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV