To certify… and beyondDealership certification is just one way Ford readied itself for the five new electrified vehicles it is now selling. Other ways the Blue Oval prepared included:
- Doubling the size of the vehicle development teams focused on fuel savings and electrified vehicles compared with five years ago; Ford now has more than 1,000 engineers working on electrification
- Most of the 1,000 engineers work in the 285,000-square-foot Advanced Electrification Center, a large building dedicated solely to vehicle electrification and located at Ford's Dearborn campus
- Doubling the size of its battery testing capabilities to help accelerate development of electrified vehicle-related technologies by as much as 25 percent
- Transforming Wayne, Mich.-based Michigan Assembly Plant into a state-of-the-art facility capable of building several models – including Focus Electric, C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi – as part of a $550 million project
- Working with suppliers on a $220 million project to convert Van Dyke Transmission Plant in Sterling Heights, Mich. into a facility that produces transmissions for Ford's electrified vehicle lineup, a move that has helped create 225 jobs and allowed Ford to deliver on its commitment to offering customers the power of choice when it comes to fuel efficiency
More information about Ford's electrified vehicle lineup can be found here .
About Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 171,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV