To certify… and beyondDealership certification is just one way Ford readied itself for the five new electrified vehicles it is now selling. Other ways the Blue Oval prepared included:
- Doubling the size of the vehicle development teams focused on fuel savings and electrified vehicles compared with five years ago; Ford now has more than 1,000 engineers working on electrification
- Most of the 1,000 engineers work in the 285,000-square-foot Advanced Electrification Center, a large building dedicated solely to vehicle electrification and located at Ford's Dearborn campus
- Doubling the size of its battery testing capabilities to help accelerate development of electrified vehicle-related technologies by as much as 25 percent
- Transforming Wayne, Mich.-based Michigan Assembly Plant into a state-of-the-art facility capable of building several models – including Focus Electric, C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi – as part of a $550 million project
- Working with suppliers on a $220 million project to convert Van Dyke Transmission Plant in Sterling Heights, Mich. into a facility that produces transmissions for Ford's electrified vehicle lineup, a move that has helped create 225 jobs and allowed Ford to deliver on its commitment to offering customers the power of choice when it comes to fuel efficiency
More information about Ford's electrified vehicle lineup can be found here .
About Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 171,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts