DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- More than 900 Ford dealers will soon be certified to sell plug-in electrified vehicles, up from 200 in November; Ford expects to have EV Certified Ford dealers in all 50 states by spring
- The surge in EV Certified Ford dealers reflects increased demand for the company's electrified vehicles – Ford's market share increased from less than 3 percent in April 2012 to nearly 16 percent in December 2012, second behind only Toyota
- Greater customer access to vehicles such as Focus Electric, C-MAX Energi and Fusion Energi is a necessity as electrified vehicles go mainstream – research shows the number of customers considering plug-in hybrids has grown to 25 percent
Strong demand for Ford's three new plug-in vehicles has Ford certifying hundreds more dealers to sell them than expected – including 900 to be certified by spring and make Focus Electric, C-MAX Energi and Fusion Energi available in all 50 states for the first time.
The 900 dealers represents about one-third of all Ford dealers in the U.S., triples Ford projections for the time frame and are an increase of 200 from November 2012, the second full month C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid were available.Sales show these hybrids are resonating with customers, further strengthening the case for dealerships to certify. Ford delivered a record January hybrid sales month, following a record-breaking electrified vehicle sales quarter in the fourth quarter of 2012. Ford expects to announce today record January sales for Fusion Hybrid. Certification allows dealers to sell Focus Electric, C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid and Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid. Certification isn't necessary for a Ford dealer to sell C-MAX Hybrid and Fusion Hybrid. Ford announced the certified dealer program in February 2011. Video: Ford dealers discuss EV-certification http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NLJqbek6RU&feature=youtu.be Certification also means greater geographic convenience for customers throughout the U.S. for vehicles such as Fusion Energi – Ford's second production plug-in hybrid that delivers an EPA-estimated gas plus electric range of up to 620 miles (21 in all-electric mode) and fuel economy of EPA-estimated rating of 108 MPGe city, 92 MPGe highway and 100 MPGe combined. Fusion Energi – Ford's most fuel-efficient sedan – recently began shipping to dealers.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts