Life Protection Metrics: Consumer Approaches To Protection-Related Life Insurance In Europe
- to appreciate whether insured respondents bought their cover as a result of an active decision to do so or whether they acquired it passively through a group scheme;
- to evaluate the opportunities for distributing protection-related life insurance through alternative channels such as insurance aggregators or comparison sites: to what extent will consumers buy through these means?
- to assess the apparent willingness of consumers to purchase these forms of cover online; given the types of device that online buyers report using, what is the scope for marketing more effectively to this audience?
- to avoid the need to re-enter information yourself by making use of the Excel-based consumer data files that accompanies the PDF studies.0.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARYAcross all six countries, 25.3% of respondents hold two or more of the policy types researched... ... although 50.4% state that they do not hold any type of protection-related life insurance Annual income and the existence of dependents are key drivers of this market in all countries Consumers aged between 18 and 34 are more likely to use emerging distribution systems... ... including online acquisition via tablets or mobile phones (as opposed to regular computers) 1.0 INTRODUCTION What is this report about? Rationale Definitions European consumer research Other international research reports 2.0 EUROPEAN OVERVIEW Introduction Survey and sample structure Overview for five different types of protection-related life insurance On average, take-up rates are highest for risk life cover and lowest for short-term income protection Respondents in Poland are the most likely to report having acquired risk life insurance... ... while penetration of long-term income protection insurance peaks in France... ... and for funeral expenses insurance, acquisition rates are at their highest in Spain Across all six countries combined, just over 50% of respondents do not hold any kind of life protection cover
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts