1. All Mineral Reserves and Mineral Resources have been calculated in accordance with the CIM Standards and NI 43-101, or the AusIMM JORC equivalent.
2. Mineral Reserves and Mineral Resources are reported above in millions of metric tonnes ("Mt"), grams per metric tonne ("g/t") and millions of ounces ("Moz").
3. Individual qualified persons ("QPs"), as defined by the NI 43-101, for the technical information contained in this document (including the Mineral Reserve and Mineral Resource estimates) for the following operations are as follows:
a. Salobo - A technical report is being prepared, and will be filed by the Company on Sedar (
) within 45 days of this news release
, M.Sc., P.Geo. (Vice President, Technical Services);
, M.A.Sc., P.Eng. (Senior Director, Project Evaluations), both employees of the Company (the "Company's QPs").
4. The Mineral Resources reported in the above tables are
of Mineral Reserves.
5. Mineral Resources which are not Mineral Reserves do not have demonstrated economic viability.
6. Mineral Reserves and Mineral Resources are reported as of
December 31, 2011
based on information available to the Company as of the date of this document, and therefore will not reflect updates, if any, after such date.
7. Process recoveries are the average percentage of gold in a saleable product (doré or concentrate) recovered from mined ore at the applicable site process plants as reported by the operators.
8. Mineral Reserves and Resources are estimated using appropriate process recovery rates and commodity prices including
per ounce gold.
9. A technical report for Salobo will be filed within 45 days of this news release. Inferred resources have been estimated by the Company and are contained within the current Reserve pit shell.