University Of Phoenix Receives Three Performance Excellence Awards From The Arizona Quality Alliance
PHOENIX, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- University of Phoenix today announced that it has received three Showcase in Excellence Awards from the Arizona Quality Alliance (AQA). This is the fourth consecutive year that the University has been recognized by the AQA. The AQA award criteria are based on that of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the highest level of national recognition an organization can receive for performance excellence in the United States.
"We are committed to academic innovation, performance excellence and quality. This requires our collective academic and service leaders to embrace the philosophy of continuous improvement and enact upon it to fulfill our University mission," said Dr. Bill Pepicello, President of University of Phoenix. "The Baldrige criteria emulated through the Arizona Quality Alliance lays a solid foundation from which we organize our strategies, execute on our plans and receive valuable feedback."
University of Phoenix received the awards for its University Orientation Workshop, Practitioner Doctoral Dissertation Review Process and Official Transcript Request Process.
- University Orientation Workshop launched in November 2010 and is a no-cost, non-credit bearing program that provides prospective students the opportunity to assess their readiness for a higher education program before enrolling.
- Practitioner Doctoral Dissertation Review Process assists doctoral student in their growth and development to a level that merits doctorate designation and recognition as stewards of their respective fields. The Dissertation Review Process is proven to be scalable and flexible based on the process needs of staff and students.
- Official Transcript Request Process is a service provided to University of Phoenix students and graduates in order to obtain official University documents in a timely and efficient manner. Students are able to call the University Services Support Center and are helped by a support specialist to ensure the needs of the student are being met.
" University of Phoenix has impressed us again and again by achieving the Showcase in Excellence Award, demonstrating their continuous dedication to improve academic and operational excellence," said Karen Shepard, executive director of the Arizona Quality Alliance (AQA), a not-for-profit alliance of organizations that advance organizational excellence. " University of Phoenix's track record of using AQA's expertise and resources to successfully implement the Baldrige criteria in their organization has established them as a clear leader in institutional quality and performance excellence. We look forward to continuing to support them as they apply these improvements across the entire university."The AQA is a member of the Alliance for Performance Excellence, a nationwide network of associations dedicated to advancing organizations through the use of the Baldrige Criteria. The Alliance has a long-standing relationship with both the American Society for Quality, a global quality network which advocates for individuals and organizations in over 130 countries and works to improve both global and American National Standards, and The United States Department of Commerce's National Institute of Standards & Technology, which oversees the administration of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts