CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cempra, Inc. (Nasdaq: CEMP) today announced that Prabhavathi Fernandes, Ph.D., president and chief executive officer, will present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference at 9:30 a.m. EST, Feb. 12, at the Waldorf Astoria in New York, and at the Leerink Swann Global Healthcare Conference at 2 p.m. EST, Feb. 13, at the Waldorf Astoria in New York. Dr. Fernandes will provide an update of the company's two differentiated antibiotics, solithromycin (CEM-101) for community-acquired bacterial pneumonia and CEM-102 (fusidic acid) for the chronic, oral treatment of gram positive pathogens including methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) in prosthetic joint infections.
About Cempra, Inc.
Founded in 2006, Cempra, Inc. is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on developing antibiotics to meet critical medical needs in the treatment of bacterial infectious diseases. Cempra's two lead product candidates are in advanced clinical development; solithromycin in Phase 3 for CABP and CEM-102 in Phase 2 for prosthetic joint infections. Both seek to address the need for new treatments targeting drug-resistant bacterial infections in the hospital and in the community. The company also intends to use its series of proprietary lead compounds from its novel macrolide library for uses such as the treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases, endocrine diseases and gastric motility disorders. Additional information about Cempra can be found at www.cempra.com.
Investor and Media Contacts: Robert E. Flamm, Ph.D.Russo Partners, LLC(212) 845-4226 Robert.firstname.lastname@example.orgAndreas MarathovouniotisRusso Partners, LLC(212) 845-4235 Andreas.email@example.com SOURCE Cempra, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV