KANSAS CITY, Mo., Feb. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cerner Corporation (Nasdaq:CERN) today announced results for the 2012 fourth quarter and full year that ended December 29, 2012, delivering strong levels of bookings, revenue, earnings and cash flow.
Bookings in the fourth quarter of 2012 were $1.02 billion, an all-time high and an increase of 13 percent compared to fourth quarter 2011 bookings of $899.0 million. Full year 2012 bookings were a record $3.14 billion, up 15 percent compared to 2011 bookings of $2.72 billion.
Fourth quarter revenue was a record $710.4 million, an increase of 15 percent compared to $615.6 million in the year-ago period. Full year 2012 revenue was $2.67 billion, up 21 percent compared to 2011 revenue of $2.20 billion.On a U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) basis, fourth quarter 2012 net earnings were $111.8 million and diluted earnings per share were $0.63. Fourth quarter 2011 GAAP net earnings were $91.2 million and diluted earnings per share were $0.52. For the full year, 2012 GAAP net earnings were $397.2 million and diluted earnings per share were $2.26. Full year 2011 GAAP net earnings were $306.6 million and diluted earnings per share were $1.76. Adjusted (non-GAAP) Net Earnings Adjusted net earnings for fourth quarter 2012 were $118.2 million, an increase of 23 percent compared to $96.2 million of adjusted net earnings in the fourth quarter of 2011. Adjusted diluted earnings per share were $0.67 in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to $0.55 of adjusted diluted earnings per share in the year-ago quarter. Analysts' consensus estimate for fourth quarter 2012 adjusted diluted earnings per share was $0.64. For the full year 2012, adjusted net earnings were $420.8 million and adjusted diluted earnings per share were $2.39, compared to full year 2011 adjusted net earnings of $324.9 million and adjusted diluted earnings per share of $1.87.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV